Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sautauthig (...Say what now?)

Ok, I swear, this will be my final recipe from Color Me Vegan (at least for a while!)


Ok, so this recipe is called....

Sautauthig Pg. 95


Now, what the hell is that?!

It's a delicious polenta-porridge dish that was apparently concocted by Native Americans in colonial times. All it is, really, is cornmeal boiled up with some water and soy milk...




Mix in some blueberries and maple syrup....



Then, you FUCKIN' EAT IT.



For being SO SIMPLE, this is surprisingly delicious. And the odd thing was, I ended up not wanting very much maple syrup on it at all. I kinda wished I didn't put any extra on top. And usually I'm an extreme sweet-tooth (my Starbucks drink is a 5 pump toffee nut soy latte....I like my sugar :-D)

RATINGS:

Ease of preparation: 4/5 
Super fast and easy, but there was a lot of constant stirring going on.

Deliciousness: 4/5 
I feel like maybe I could have tried a more varied fruit topping, like throwing in raspberries and blackberries too.

Prettiness: 3/5 
It kind of looks like a glob of blue and yellow messiness. A pretty glob, but a glob nonetheless.



No comments:

Post a Comment