Sunday, August 28, 2011

Product Review: Grapeseed Oil

I am a sucker for trying different oils. Partially because of their deliciousness, and partially because of the health benefits different ones offer.

I kept hearing about grapeseed oil so I decided to just go for it.


I chose Napa Valley Naturals because it was fairly inexpensive and it is made in a sustainable / eco-friendly way.

I don't know what I was expecting, but I thought the bottle itself was green. Did you all know that the oil itself is a BRIGHT GREEN color? I literally giggled when I poured it in the pan. Much greener than olive oil.

Besides being a glorious bright green color (legitimately made me think of leprechauns and rolling hills of grass and four leaf clovers) this oil has a high smoke point which means that it's very versatile and can be used for stir frying, deep frying, and all sorts of other crap. A good go-to oil to have on hand.

On top of all this, grapeseed oil is also a pretty freaking healthy oil.

According to wikipedia (I don't care what you say, wikipedia is ingenious) the oil contains vitamin E and increases levels of good cholesterol in your body, and reduces levels of bad cholesterol in your body.

Delightful!

BRIGHT FREAKING GREEN!

On a side note, the taste is a little nuttier than olive oil and a little crisper. I prefer it, for sure.

RATING: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment