Thursday, January 24, 2013

Rye Rye Rye Vegan Rye Rye

Well whaddya know? This bitch loves rye whiskey.

I have tried a variety of whiskeys. I have really tried to understand what the fuck is so great about whiskey.

To me, whiskey just tasted like woodsy acid. I never understood the appeal of drinking something that tastes like you're biting into a tree and it's burning your mouth with liquid chemicals. Especially when you have the option to drink something as delicious as tequila, instead.

Then the other day, a coworker had me try Knob Creek rye whiskey. DAYUM.

It was carmely, spicy, and still had that woodsy-ness (but it wasn't nasty anymore because all the other flavors worked so well with it).

RYE WHISKEY, HELLO. WELCOME TO MY HOUSE.

So the other day I was in Portland. Portland is in Oregon. Oregon does not have outrageous liquor tax laws like my beloved Washington does.

I went a little cray-cray and bought a bunch of liquor. Including some rye whiskey!

And guess what! A manhattan is vegan! (As long as you check barnivore, to make sure your whiskey is vegan!)

GO GET YOUR MANHATTAN ON, BITCHES

The animals will thank you!

2 1/2 oz rye whiskey
3/4 oz sweet vermouth
3 - 4 dashes angostura bitters
1 maraschino cherry

Combine whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters into a mixing glass with ice. Shake gently. Put cherry into a chilled cocktail glass, strain drink over the cherry.


DRINK IT

BITCH.

SINCERELY,

RYE WHISKEY FAN

AND

LOVER OF ALL THINGS WITH CHERRIES

Kentucky Moonshine by Maurer, David W. [Paperback] (Google Affiliate Ad)

3 comments:

  1. I would like to put that in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitely what she said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for more information about the issue and found most people will go along with your views on this web site. veganmeal

    ReplyDelete