Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Vegan, Gluten Free, Sugar Free Delicious Tiny Strawberry Pies

This is the most absurdly allergy-friendly tasty treat there ever fucking was.

I used this recipe from Food 52 to make a vegan pie crust that was flaky and delicious for some random vegan tofu quiche I made a while ago. I decided to make it with gluten free flour instead of regular flour....and see if it was delicious or nasty.

Turns out, it's not so bad. I just substiutted Bob's Red Mill gluten free flour and a little xantham gum for the normal flour. It tastes a little crumblier, but that's not bad for a pie crust anyways.

I also substituted coconut sugar for the sugar. And it's only a tablespoon anyways for the whole batch, so that's practically nothing.

I stuck it in the fridge and decided to save it for "later," if I decided to make quiche again or make some other random pie thing.

"Later" turned into this morning, when I decided I wanted to bake it and throw frozen strawberries on top and have a teensy little strawberry shortcake for breakfast. 

Healthy? Not particularly. But it's better than a greasy breakfast wrap or a mocha or a pile of pancakes, so suck my balls.

All I did was take the cold dough out of the fridge, let it warm up on the counter for a bit until it was roll-able, and spread it out in a tiny tart tin that I have. I put that in a 425 degree oven for 5 minutes, then threw the frozen strawberries on top and put it back in for ten more minutes.


^ Crust, all alone.


^ Crust, all covered in frozen berries.


TASTY!

AND VEGAN AND GLUTEN FREE AND ALMOST NO ADDED SUGAR!

GOOD FUCKING MORNING

^ Cooked and toasty and warm and gooey and sweet!


RATINGS:

Deliciousness: 4/5
It tastes good and simple and the crust is decent. It was a knock-your-socks-off crust with regular flour, and the gluten-free flour knocked it down to just four stars. Not bad for a crust, though!

Ease of Preparation: 3/5
Cutting in the coconut oil was annoying, but it's just time-consuming. Worth it.

Prettiness: 5/5
FANCY TART LOOK AT HOW FANCY YOU ARE

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Thanks and RI really love to read this post and I am glad to find your distinguished way of writing the post.

    Please follow my link Sulfer-rich

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3 Researches REVEAL How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete