Monday, September 5, 2011

Tabbouleh, Quinoa-Style

Middle Eastern food is notoriously vegan-friendly. Tahini, chickpeas, lots of veggies, etc.

Tabbouleh is my FREAKING FAVORITE. It's a bulgur-wheat salad, with lots of veggies and a burst of lemony goodness.

In The Vegan Table, (pg 150) I found a recipe for tabbouleh made with quinoa. I have a ton of quinoa at home, so I figured I would try this.

Ingredients:
1 cup quiona
1/4 cup oil
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 cucumber, seeded and diced
2 tomatoes, diced
4 scallions, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper


Rinse the quinoa. Cook, then let cool.


Mix all the veggies / oil / spices together in a huge bowl.



I had previously written a post about the glorious color of grapeseed oil (my oil of choice for this tabbouleh). LOOK AT HOW GREEN IT IS!


So mix all your stuff together, then eat it.


YEAH!

RATINGS:

Deliciousness: 4/5 
A little too lemony, I think next time I'll use lime juice. But it's still delicious!

Ease of Preparation: 5/5
The hardest part was chopping things.


Prettiness: 5/5
The combination of textures, with the bright green / bright red contrast makes for a fancy lookin' little dish. CUTE.

No comments:

Post a Comment