Saturday, May 14, 2011

Open Sesame

My obsession with Isa has gone overboard. <3

The other day, a friend of mine invite me over for some delicious vegan pizza from Cafe Flora. Yum! So I decided to bring a side dish of some sort as a way to feel less mooch-y. :-]

So I decided to go with Isa's Vegan With A Vengeance again. My crush on Isa has taken over my life, and now I need to constantly cook her delicious recipes as a way to cope with it.


Sesame Asparagus Pg 124

So to make this deliciously simple asparagus, you need only have asparagus (duh), sesame oil, 2 garlic cloves, some red pepper flakes, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sesame seeds.


I didn't have straight up sesame seeds, so I used this black sesame seed furikake I had lying around.

Also, I like to play with my food.

 
So anyways, you sautee some minced garlic in some sesame oil....


Then you throw in some soy sauce and rice vinegar...


Then you throw in the 'sparagus! And sesame seeds!


THEN YOU FIERCELY COOK THAT SHIT!



THEN IT SHOULD BE DONE IN ABOUT 2.4 MINUTES BECAUSE DAMN DO THOSE LITTLE TREE SHAPED VEGGIES COOK FAST!

 
This made my whole apartment floor smell like sesame oil deliciousness for about 3 hours, by the way. If you ever want to make your  neighbors your friends, this is a good way to do it. Cook this shit, then invite them over to eat it.

Alternatively, if you want to piss them off, cook this shit then stand in your doorway and point and laugh at them and tell them you're not letting them eat you're delicious asparagus because they aren't worthy.

So anyways, there you go. Enjoy your veggies.

RATINGS:

Ease of preparation: 5/5
Took approximately 10 minutes. I like that.

Deliciousness: 4/5
A simple side dish, not overpowering and not bland. Would go well with many things.

Prettiness: 4/5
Cute little asparagus polka-dotted with sesame seeds! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment